1. Entry. No purchase necessary to enter or win. One valid entry per contestant per giveaway. Contestant entrants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of the station, which are final on all matters pertaining to the contest. Contestants must enter the Code Word of the Day which is shown during selected Tuesdays on News 8 between 6:00am to 7:00am on KFMB-TV/CBS 8. Entries must be submitted by 6:00pm on the day of the contest.
2. Selection of Winner. One (1) prize winner per contest will be chosen at random from the correct, eligible entries at the end of the submission period. The winner will be notified by email and/or phone on the Wednesday following each Ticket Tuesday entry date. If a winner is unreachable following seven (7) days, or if that winner is unavailable for prize fulfillment, an alternate winner may be selected. Prize must be claimed no later than 48 hours prior to expiration of ticket, but in no case later than 30 days after notification or prizes will be forfeited. For directions to the KFMB Stations, call 858.571.8888. Winners will be required to present valid identification to redeem prize.
3. Prize. One (1) prize will be given to each winner. KFMB-TV/CBS 8/Midwest Television, Inc. reserves the right to substitute any prize with another prize of equal or greater value. The prize is non-transferable and non-assignable.
4. Eligibility Requirements. Subject to the conditions below, the contest is open to legal residents of San Diego County who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. The following persons are not eligible to win Prizes or otherwise participate in this contest: employees of KFMB/Midwest Television, Inc., other Sponsors (see “sponsors” below in Section 6), their respective parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising sponsors and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of each are not eligible. This contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
5. Odds. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner’s Responsibility. Each winner is solely responsible for payment of all expenses not specifically mentioned and for payment and reporting of federal, state and local taxes and will be required to complete an IRS form W-9. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold prizes until completed form W-9 is received. Failure to accept and take delivery of the Prize will result in forfeiture of all rights and interest in the Prize. Each winner, by acceptance of the prize, agrees to release all Sponsors, and their parent and subsidiary companies, their officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, and advertising agencies from all liability, claims, or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership, or use of the prize.
7. Additional Information. Entrants further grant to KFMB/Midwest Television, Inc. the right to use and publish their proper name and city on air, online and in print, or any other media, in connection with the Contest. KFMB/Midwest Television, Inc. reserves the right to use any and all information related to the Contest, including information on contestants obtained through the contest, for marketing purposes or any other purpose, unless prohibited by law. For a complete list of winners, please send your request, along with a self-addressed, stamped envelope to "KFMB CONTESTS” c/o KFMB TV, 7677 Engineer Road, San Diego, CA 92111. This list will be available for a 30-day period 7-days after the contest has officially ended. The Sponsors reserve the right to terminate, cancel, suspend or modify this Sweepstakes if Sponsors determine that fraud, technical failures, or other acts or events beyond the reasonable control of Sponsors have compromised the fairness or integrity of this Sweepstakes. UPICKEM and KFMB/Midwest Television, Inc. are not responsible for Internet crashes or slowdowns caused by network congestion, viruses, sabotage, satellite failures, phone line failures, electrical outages, natural disasters or acts of man or God. The Contest and all of the related pages, contents and code are copyright, UPICKEM, Inc., and/or KFMB/Midwest Television, Inc.. Copying or unauthorized use of any copyrighted materials, trademarks or any other intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited. This contest is not intended for gambling. If it is determined that a contestant is using the contest for gambling purposes they will be disqualified and reported to authorities.